Harley-Davidson Gifts Veterans with Bikes to Announce Partnership with Wounded Warrior Project
Harley-Davidson has been lending its support to the U.S. military for nearly 100 years now, but through its new partnership with the Wounded Warrior Project, Harley will help more veterans to ride motorcycles for therapeutic purposes and participate in helpful peer-to-peer activities.
To celebrate this newfound collaboration, six veterans got the surprise of a lifetime earlier this month when they were each gifted with a brand-new Harley-Davidson motorcycle! These gifts came from none other than Bill Davidson, the great-grandson of Harley-Davidson co-founder William A. Davidson, as well as other representatives from the company. The special delivery was in honor of Harley-Davidson’s new partnership with the Wounded Warrior Project, an organization that provides comfort to and assists wounded service members.
One goal of the Wounded Warrior Project is to help injured veterans get back on their feet after their experiences serving in the military. The non-profit’s new partnership with Harley-Davidson will specifically help improve the lives of those injured veterans living with post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD. The six veterans who received new bikes from Harley-Davidson were not chosen at random — they were hand-selected because they had all been diagnosed with symptoms of PTSD. Additionally, they are each seasoned riders who no longer have access to bikes due to hardships. Fun recreational activities, like riding a motorcycle, have proven therapeutic benefits for someone who suffers from PTSD.
“It is important to have the support of corporations like Harley-Davidson which understand the long-term needs of our nation’s veterans and are willing to work with us to help warriors uncover and live with their ‘new normal,’ ” said John Roberts, EVP of Warrior Relations at Wounded Warrior Project. “We know from our warriors that recreational activities like motorcycle riding provide a multitude of therapeutic benefits for those living with PTSD.”
At our Harley-Davidson dealership in Manchester, we love seeing how much different people can benefit from riding a Harley. Stop by today to tell us your own story!
- Harley-Davidson Launches Touching New Ad Campaign
- Harley Is the Official Motorcycle of Daytona Bike Week Anniversary
- Two Motorcycles Added to Harley-Davidson Lineup for 2016
- Game of Thrones Stars to Play Harley-Davidson Founders in New Miniseries
- Claim Your Free Ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum!
- Harley-Davidson Designs Custom Chopper in Honor of the USS Milwaukee Naval Ship
- Harley-Davidson Offers Free New Rider Course for Military Personnel Through 2016
- Check Out This Short Film, an Ode to Harley-Davidson
- New Items Added to Harley-Davidson Pink Label Program
- Extremely Rare Harley-Davidson Sells for a Record $600,000