Harley-Davidson Launches Touching New Ad Campaign
When the average layperson thinks of Harley-Davidson, chances are the first thing that pops into his or her head is an image of a bandana-wearing macho man or a street-tough lady burning up the city streets on a gleaming Fatboy. He or she might also imagine a rugged wanderer riding a steel horse down the highway. But in reality, the average Harley fan has a regular job, a home to return to at the end of the day and loved ones that he or she cares about. It’s these people, and this reality, that Harley is spotlighting with its latest ad campaign, and you can see the first spot in the campaign below.
Harley-Davidson’s in-house marketing department teamed up with Wolfes to create this 30-second spot, titled “One Day.” The shot of the little tyke pedaling his trike alongside the dad he idolizes is sweet and speaks more to the truth of Harley ownership, and not the stereotypes.
Speaking with Marketing Daily, Harley-Davidson U.S. marketing communications director Dino Bernacchi said, “It is a premier media property during the start of our key selling season, and it appeals to a wide audience here in the U.S.”
“One Day” is the first spot in the ad campaign. This video lightly features the Harley-Davidson Low Rider S, but look out for future ads about the brand-new models like the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special and Sportster Forty Eight. The campaign should especially resonate with younger consumers interested in picking up a motorcycle of their own.
How did you like the ad? Does it strike a chord with you? Let us know what you think!
- Harley Is the Official Motorcycle of Daytona Bike Week Anniversary
- Two Motorcycles Added to Harley-Davidson Lineup for 2016
- Game of Thrones Stars to Play Harley-Davidson Founders in New Miniseries
- Claim Your Free Ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum!
- Harley-Davidson Designs Custom Chopper in Honor of the USS Milwaukee Naval Ship
- Harley-Davidson Offers Free New Rider Course for Military Personnel Through 2016
- Check Out This Short Film, an Ode to Harley-Davidson
- New Items Added to Harley-Davidson Pink Label Program
- Extremely Rare Harley-Davidson Sells for a Record $600,000
- Motorcycle Memorial: Woman Rides a Super Glide to Honor Late Husband