Harley-Davidson Designs Custom Chopper in Honor of the USS Milwaukee Naval Ship
Harley-Davidson teamed up with Lockheed Martin, a global security and aerospace company, to create a one-of-a-kind chopper that honors the U.S. Navy and the city of Milwaukee. The project was commissioned after the USS Milwaukee became the nation’s fifth Littoral Combat Ship.
The custom motorcycle is based on a Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S and was designed by Harley-Davidson Chief Stylist Ray Drea. The stylist was inspired by a visit to the Fincantieri Marinette Marine Corp. shipyard in Wisconsin, where the USS Milwaukee was built. The ship is 378 feet long and is maintained by a staff of 50-65 seamen. It’s the fifth naval ship to be named Milwaukee, as well as the fifth ship in the Freedom class. The USS Milwaukee will join the naval fleet at its homeport of San Diego.
The custom chopper is reminiscent of World War II-era Harley-Davidson bikes with its authentic Navy and military custom details. This motorcycle has a gray fuel tank and fenders, wire-spoke wheels, blacked-out brightwork, a solo black saddle and “USN” emblazoned on the fuel tank. All in all, this is one seriously cool bike. Ultimately, the USS Milwaukee chopper will be auctioned off for funds to support the National Military Family Association. Until then, it will be featured at STEM, industry and U.S. Navy events around the country. It was initially on display during the USS Milwaukee commissioning week in mid-November.
Although the custom USS Milwaukee chopper isn’t for sale, we have a huge inventory of powerful and liberating motorcycles at our Harley-Davidson dealership near Northern MA for you to check out. Visit Manchester Harley-Davidson today!
- Harley-Davidson Launches Touching New Ad Campaign
- Harley Is the Official Motorcycle of Daytona Bike Week Anniversary
- Two Motorcycles Added to Harley-Davidson Lineup for 2016
- Game of Thrones Stars to Play Harley-Davidson Founders in New Miniseries
- Claim Your Free Ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum!
- Harley-Davidson Offers Free New Rider Course for Military Personnel Through 2016
- Check Out This Short Film, an Ode to Harley-Davidson
- New Items Added to Harley-Davidson Pink Label Program
- Extremely Rare Harley-Davidson Sells for a Record $600,000
- Motorcycle Memorial: Woman Rides a Super Glide to Honor Late Husband